Wednesday 7 August 2013

How to Style ○ Orange

Hello Spudlings!
I know, I haven't posted in a whole week and I apologize! I don't have anything to really talk about on Thursdays or Fridays and the I don't blog on the weekend at all. I had something planned for Monday but I completely just forgot to get any info or anything like that so I wasn't prepared basically but I'm going to try get at least 2 blog posts up per week but we'll see how it goes!
It's hard for me to find things to blog about as I've had quite an off summer in the sense that I haven't done ANYTHING! I haven't bought anything and have nothing to review so that kind of section of my blog has been left to the side a bit too much but hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have more to blog about! Enough rambling, onto this weeks "How to Style"! 
 This week I've kept it simple with a colour instead of a particular style or pattern.
Orange is a colour that people tend to be quite afraid of, me included, so I think that this post has been really good for me aswell as you guys (I hope haha)

I've been using crop tops in my blog posts a lot lately, the main reason being that they're pretty and I don't and can't really wear them, and I wanted to start off with a crop top because whenever I go onto Polyvore to put these outfits together, in the tops section, there are always a lot of really cool crop tops. To change it up a bit I went with a nice peplum top.
Again, to keep with not doing the same thing, I added a pair of light wash jeggings. I have a lovely pair similar to this in a dark blue and although they don't fit anymore, I still think they're amazing and I am determined to fit into them again!
I then added the orange bow because bows are just so pretty and I think bows & peplum pretty much go hand-in-hand! 
For a bag, this time I added a clutch, and as you can see it has the pop of pink at the front which I think it great because if you see an outfit that just has loads of the same colour and nothing else, it can be a bit too much and I think the pink just takes that element away from the outfit and makes it look really pretty.
I didn't want to leave the orange at that so instead of adding a nude heel (Which is perfectly fine if you don't want to be too out there with the colours), I thought the orange was just a nice touch.
As usual, I added an iPhone case (surprising, I know!) and the thing I like about this one is that, because it's patterned, it adds more dimension and texture to the outfit and of course, an iPhone case is not necessary, I don't have an iPhone but I think you can probably tell I want one quite badly lol
Moving to accessories, keeping it simple as usual, I just added this simple cut-out cuff and the vintage looking twist earrings.Whenever I see these earrings I just think vintage, am I the only one?! 
I added the bobbins, (Hair ties, bobbles or whatever you like to call them!) and the picture of the girl because I think that, because this is a very polished kind of look, a slicked back, high pony would look really well.
You're probably wondering why there is a picture of Kim Kardashian smack bang in the middle of this post.. Well I quite like Kim, I think she's beautiful and her makeup always looks amazing and especially how her makeup is in this picture. I love her contouring and highlighting and her nude lips here and I just think it's a simple but very done up look and it just goes well with what I imagine this outfit would look like. 
Lastly, I added a BareMinerals nude lip gloss! 

As always, thanks for spending time reading this and don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'!
Comments, thoughts & opinions are always welcome and feel free to request something for next week's "How to Style"! 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment