Wednesday 17 April 2013

Clothes Surgery!

So I was talking to a girl who posted on facebook about people making rude and nasty comments about her weight. When I say that, you immediately think "Oh, she must be a size 16, I bet she's super fat!" You're wrong, she's actually a UK size 8. Don't feel bad. That's what we all do subconsciously. But just because she is skinny, doesn't mean it's ok to say things like "Only dogs like bones" or "Go eat a sandwich!". It still gets to people, a nasty comment, is a nasty comment.
So I asked this girl if she would like me to make a post on how to dress for a skinnier frame, to make you look more "chunked out" or "meaty" and she came up with the name "Clothes surgery".
So here are my tips! Firstly, I would say definitely invest in some baggy, oversized jumpers!
I would recommend that you buy a jumper in a size or 2 bigger than you would usually buy.
This first one is a black feather knit jumper from New Look. 
The second one is a vanilla heart knit jumper from New Look.












This one is from forever21 & it's a knit crop top with long sleeves, it's also quite sheer, so I recommend wearing a plain white tank underneath.





















My next tip would be to wear peplum. Peplum is a great way to make your waist look curvier!
This is a loose flowing baby pink peplum and it's really in style right now and you can't really go wrong with peplum no matter what size you are, it's going to be flattering! 





















My next tip would be to wear jeans a size bigger (with a belt) so that they are baggy but still look like they fit. 

So since monochrome is really in style this year, I recommend investing in a horizontal striped pair of black & white shorts or jeans, anything horizontal will make you look shorter and larger! 

So there you have it! My tips on how to make a slim frame look  slightly less "bony".
(There will be a second post on the same topic; dressing to make yourself look slimmer!)

Remember, no matter what anybody says, you are beautiful, no matter what size, shape, religion, ethnicity, etc. you are! Be proud of who you are! In the wise words of Lady Gaga "You were born this way, baby!".

No comments:

Post a Comment