Wednesday 8 May 2013

MET Gala Fashion.

Hey guys so I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in like forever but my laptop hasn't been working at all lately so I'm on the family computer right now. 

Ok so, everybody has been talking about the fashion at the event and of course, you can see why. I love that the theme was punk and some people really committed and looked amazing! Others.. well, not so much!

Madonna is one of the worlds biggest icons but I think she needs to face the fact that she can't show off as much skin as she used to. She's over 50 now and it makes me shudder to see her ass out. I think she needs to make her look more classy and respectable. Although I do love her shoes. Sorry Mags. 
Nicole Richie looks almost unrecognisable with Silver/White hair and a dark lipstick. She took a risk and I give her props for doing so, however I'm not sure how I feel about this look, I'm on the fence with this one.








Emma Watson looks amazing as per usual, her Prabal Gurung gown shows the perfect amount of skin, including the midriff on show, which is very "in" this year.


Miley Cyrus caused some controversy with her outfit for the event, it's gotten lost of mixed reviews with some saying she's taking it too far and needs to tone it down, others saying they're unsure about her new "mature"style and saying they want the old Miley back, then there are people like myself who are loving Miley's new style. Her short, blonde hair looks amazing and even spiked as it was on the night of the gala, she looked gorgeous. Miley really stuck to the punk theme in her Marc Jacobs dress.


Believe it or not, this is Zooey Deschanel! Almost unrecognisable without her signature bangs, Zooey looked stunning in an all white, floor-length gown.


One person who I think looked absolutely amazing at the MET Gala, is Taylor Swift. Throwing her "good girl" look out the window, Taylor looked fierce with black, smokey eyeshadow and a J. Mendel gown. I loved the shoulder and lace detailing and I think Taylor had one one of the best looks of the night.


As there were many people who looked really well on the night, there were equally the amount of stars who just were not dressed well. Including Cameron Diaz, an actress I am personally a fan of, wore a dress that completely drowned her out. Speaking of drowning, I am not a fan of the wet, slicked back hair. Although I love her Stella McCartney belt.


Cara Delevingne, one of my favourite famous people at the moment, looked stunning as usual, in a Burberry, studded, black gown. She absolutely rocked the look with multiple ear piercings and heavy black eye make up. Flawless as ever! 
(Check Cara's instagram here for lots of pictures from the night)



The last look I'm going to talk about is of course, the beautiful fashionista, Alexa Chung. Her quirky style is on show in her gorgeous Erdem dress at the gala. Alexa's shoes are a perfect addition to the ensemble.








I personally love the overall theme of the event, I love so many different styles and I think punk is such a fun style, where you can go almost too far and it's acceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment