Thursday 9 May 2013

Essence nail polish review.

So I'm big into essence and I buy a new nail polish almost every week! So I'm going to review my favourite/newest essence nail polishes!

The first polish I'm gonna review is an "Essence nail art, special effect! Topper" in " 02 circus confetti".
I first bought this in December for Christmas as it gave a party kind of feel to it. I absolutely love the colours in it and if you're like me and tend to pick the nail varnish off your nails, it actually pretty much peels off, even if there is a base coat of different polish underneath. The only problem I have with this polish is that it takes a good while to dry, and I'm quite impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry so that's the only flaw but otherwise, I do love it!











The nest polish is one of the new "Oz the Great and Powerful" collection. It's a crackling topcoat in the shade "04 winged wonder".
I absolutely love this colour, it's such a nice bright pink, yet it's not too in your face. The name of the polish is really cute & makes me think of a cute little pink cartoon bird! It says on the bottle to apply a generous amount to your nails, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, I always find if I add a lot of crackling polish, it doesn't crack properly and it looks really dumb, so just get an even amount on the brush and apply a thin-medium layer of it over a colour of your choice.











I have 2 polishes from essence's "Glam nude" collection. The first is in the colour "01 hazelnut cream pie".
I really love this colour and I think I'm going to buy it again once the one I have runs out because it's so pretty yet neutral and goes with everything. When you hold the bottle/your nails up to the light, you can see there is a pink/purple shine to it which is really beautiful. It's also relatively fast drying, I have nothing bad to say about this one! 

The next "Glam nude" polish is in "07 ice, ice baby!" which also says "perfect finish" on the bottle and it does give a really nice finish.
I bought this thinking it was just a normal white nail polish but it's actually a sheer cream colour. Although I do really like the colour on it's own, it's not an opaque colour, it's basically like a clear polish that makes your nails look more white. I think it would be a good polish to put over a colour to give it a better finish as that's what it does, it dries really well and looks nice. I also really love the name of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment