Sunday 26 May 2013

Grunge!


Hello lovelies! So this post is going to be about my love for grunge clothes, now obviously, this isn't exactly "grunge" because it's made purposely like this for Forever21 but both high street/high fashion grunge and grunge that you would find in a vintage/charity/thrift shop or as a hand-me-down are both styles that I am in love with and a lot of people I watch on youtube have a similar style, mainly Grav3yardgirl and sometimes Leanne Woodfull. 
So a lot of what I wear has skulls, spikes or is black, burgundy, navy, khaki green or camo. Even though I haven't got a massive array of clothes, that is mainly what my wardrobe consists of, now don't get me wrong, I have a love for so many other styles of clothes and I would dress differently sometimes if I had the money to update my wardrobe enough to have at least one outfit of a certain style, for instance, if I had a pastel pink skirt in my wardrobe and nothing to match it with, it would be a bit of a waste to buy but I am trying to buy more pastel clothes for this summer as it's a style I really like right now. And if you read my last blog post you would know that I bought a bright blue, floral dress and a pink & white coloured headband. Now enough of that, I'm getting off topic! 
So, why do I love this style so much? Well for one, the darker colours are much more flattering for a fuller figure like mine, not only that but I do really like the colours and I bought most of these items before Halloween or before Christmas so the colours were fitting for that time of year. I also love the style because, well I like the way it looks, I mean it's so cool, so edgy and just really awesome. Another thing I love about this type of fashion is the fact that you can mix & match anything and it's ok because it's quite a "unique" style in itself that, you're already kind of taking a risk with it so why not take it a step further? I must admit, the outfits I wear aren't really crazy but I just love this aspect of my style that I love so much and when I put together a new outfit it makes me feel so much better and I just can't express it properly to somebody who doesn't understand my passion for fashion (BRATZ!).

Some of my favourite items of clothing that I own are my black creepers from Pennies/Primark that I got between Halloween and Christmas I believe and I cant remember how much they were and I do know that they are not available from there anymore because they were limited edition so I bought them knowing they were a size 7 (I am a size 5-6 in most shoes) because they were the last pair in the shop and I'm so glad that I did because I wear them all the time!
(Literally one of the first pics I posted on instagram)
Another piece that I absolutely love but never seem to wear often enough is an ankle length black dress with blunt, silver studs around the neckline and a white skull print all over, I've worn this to a party once and it was great because my belly wasn't sticking out a lot because I hadn't eaten at the party as it was late at night. 
I do have a love for sheer, button-down blouses with collars done right up, however, I find, with each and every blouse that I own, one button either opens itself or there's a gap between buttons around my breast area. I have got a black long sheer blouse that is sleeveless and has gold, round studs all over the collar which is a rounded collar (not a peter-pan collar) and also has a rounded collar at the back, which probably sounds a bit weird but it looks quite cool with my navy jumper over it.I usually pair this outfit with black skinny jeans/black leggings and my red converse for a pop of colour.
I also have a floral, sheer blouse with a white colour which is really gorgeous and I filmed a "60 things in my room tag" in this however my camera broke, then it fixed itself but I still have to upload the clips onto a computer, edit it and then post it, also I don't think I got to 16 things.
Another blouse I love is a sheer black one with long sleeves and a really simple cross print embroidered on the front in grey thread. 
I also have a bright pink blouse with no sleeves but I rarely, if ever, wear this. 
And the final thing I think that I will talk about here is my vintage army jacket that was my dads when he was 15/16. Now my dad bought this secondhand from an ex-army shop in Dublin when he was a teen and it was from a German soldier (this is obvious because on the side of each shoulder there is a small German flag). I wear this jacket all the time and it goes with the majority of my wardrobe, it is genuinely one of my most favourite items in my wardrobe ever and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it! 

I do wish to go to more vintage/charity shops and buy some proper 90's grunge items as it's clearly a style that I am a massive fan of and I think some more unique items would really make my wardrobe! 

Thanks for reading and if you have any thoughts or opinions, feel free to express them in the comments!
Please help me out & follow for more weekly fashion, beauty and lifestyle posts!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment