Saturday 18 May 2013

Pennies/Primark & Charity Shop Haul!

So me & my friend Eimear recently went shopping to Pennies (or Primark if you're not in Ireland) and I got some really lovely stuff however didn't have enough money to buy all the things I wanted to :( But, I do love what I bought so I thought I would show you guys! (All 2 of you lol)
So the first thing I bought was a gorgeous black skirt, it's just a plain skater skirt that has a very stretchy material. Now, it says navy on the tag but it does look more black than navy so lets just pretend! I have the same skirt that I got before Christmas except in a wine/burgundy red colour and it was €7.

The next thing I bought was a cream speckled t-shirt that says "Punk it" on the front in a "varsity" style font. It's fit looks kind of manly but it is a girls shirt. I absolutely love it and it goes great with the "black" skirt! The top is called "Oatmeal" which I think is really cute and it was five euro. 

(I've worn both items together the other day & might post an OOTD with them as I really liked the way it looked!)
The next item of clothing that I bought was a gorgeous palatinate blue, (I looked up the colour chart!) with a really pretty yellow, orange, pink and lilac flower pattern on it. It also has a cutout either side and a zip almost right way down the back. I love the high scoop neck on the dress & the shape is very flattering. It cinches in at the waist and the bottom comes out with pleats, like a skater skirt. My only problem with the dress it the fabric. It's the type of fabric that get's very static-y and then sticks to your skin, but otherwise, I love the dress & can't wait to wear it! This dress was €13.

Then I bought some accessories, which is my weakness, I never go in to Pennies without buying some accessories or jewelery! 
So the first accessory I purchased was a floral headband. (Which I absolutely love so I am delighted that they're back in style this summer!) The headband isn't a stretchy one, it is one that has wire inside it so you can shape it to your head. I love the fact that there isn't just one type of flower on it, there are actually 4 types of flowers on it! There are pink roses, another pink flower, a white flower and some white daisy's! It is really gorgeous and I can't wait to wear it and the hairband was €3!
Next, I bought 2 packets of bracelets, the first was a packet of 2 bracelets. They're really simple, gold, spikes that are elasticated but I really love how something so simple can instantly amp up an outfit!Three euro. 

The next, is a really big packet of bracelets with 9 bracelets altogether. Each bracelet is different but all very beautiful. The first one, and one of my favorites, is the greyish, brownish, purple skulls, which has gold beads between each skill. I have a similar bracelet from Claire's accessories! The next are 3 beaded bracelets, each green/turquoise. The first, a very light green/turquoise circle bead, very plain with nothing else. The next is a kind of transparent bead, with a kind of diamond shape to them, in a similar colour to the last. the last beaded bracelet is a darker green circle bead with smaller gold beads separating them. 
The next 5 bracelets are woven bracelets, all of which are adjustable by pulling 2 strings. One is a brown material woven into a gold chain bracelet, which looks almost like a hair braid. Another brown one with gold, square beads in between the brown thread. The next bracelet is my least favourite out of the packet. It has a turquoise thread wrapped around a shiny silver thread. The next is another turquoise thread, with long gold beads in between. The last in the set, which is really gorgeous, is a white threaded one. it is woven up until the middle where there is a large golden piece, with 7 (fake) diamonds in it. Altogether these are €5.


We then went to an Oxfam Charity shop. I love going to charity shops for many reasons. They're cheap, you get unique pieces, you can get vintage pieces and most of all, the money goes to charity. 
So I bought 3 things here, one was a pair of Pennies high heels, in a nude colour with a medium sized heel which were about €5.50. 

The next item of clothing I got at the charity shop was a tank top from Topshop. It is a sheer tank with 2 eagles on the front. This was €4.

(Sorry about the bad quality & unflattering photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment