Friday 21 June 2013

Lipstick Collection and Reviews!

I know, I haven't written a blog post in a while, but I figured my two followers wouldn't really mind!
Now, I clearly don't have a very large collection of lipsticks, but considering I'm a jobless, student who only really god (majorly) into make-up this year, I think I'm doing well. I also am thinking of studying make-up and beauty in College! (That or performing arts). I've had this idea literally, since the day after my last post and I've taken the pics about a week ago!

The first brand name lipstick I've bought was a Kate Moss for Rimmel London.It's in the shade 113, which is a nice nude colour.  Now these lipsticks have gotten so much rave and good reviews since I bought mine early this year and honestly, I don't get the hype! My lips have always been very dry and "chapped" and nothing will really fix them, but everybody say's that these lipsticks are really moisturising and I find that they're almost the opposite, now of course it doesn't look perfect on my lips but, as I do find it initially silky, it tends to dry on my lips after time and leave lipstick in the "cracks" in my lips (That sounds absolutely repulsive) and looks like I've put foundation or concealer on my lips - not a good look. Also, it doesn't apply evenly to my lips and the sticker at the bottom says "Lasting Finish", and it really doesn't last very long for me. Taking all this into consideration, the way I like to wear this lipstick is with a clear/pinky-nude lip gloss over the top, again, it doesn't last long but if you want, you can keep applying through the day.
The next lipstick is definitely my most used, especially for summer. It's from the brand 17 and is called "Dreamy". I adore this lipstick! It's an average, light, pink lipstick. It's bright, moisturising, it stains the lips and stays on for a really long time, one thing I don't quite understand about it is the fact that, the longer it's on without any top-up, the colour seems to get darker, I don't mind it, I just don't understand if that's supposed to happen or why it does happen. Otherwise, I love this lipstick!
My last lipstick is another love, however I wouldn't wear as often as the last one. This is number 11 "Fraise Mix" from The Bourjois Rouge Edition collection. It's a much darker, yet a more fluorescent, bright pink. Again, it's moisturising, glossy, lasts for ages and stains the lips. I think, depending on your lips, you would need 2-3 top-up's per day. In certain pictures on my instagram, this looks a bit darker and more red than it actually is, but it's so pretty nonetheless. I also really like the smell of this, there's no particular fruity or flowery scent to it, it just smells like nice make up!


That's it for my lipstick collection, hopefully I'm going to find some lipsticks that better suit my lips and the collection should continue to grow! Thank you for reading and please comment and share your opinions & thoughts and please follow my blog on blogspot for more fashion, beauty and lifestyle posts!
 xox

3 comments:

  1. great post! and i think the reason why the kate lipstick was drying was b/c you bought a lippy from the matte line. the ones in the red tubes are matte finish, so they're more drying. try the ones in the black tube with the red kate signature. but, best of luck with your search and if it isn't too much, would you like to follow each other via Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to follow each other.

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks sweetie! I'll try get my hands on some of the different Kate Moss lipsticks then! Sure, but I usually just follow blogs on here (blogspot), how does Bloglovin' work?
      xox

      Delete
    2. Thank you for following. Followed you back.

      xoxo

      Delete