Wednesday 21 August 2013

How to Style ○ Doc. Martens (Back to School)

Hello Spudlings!

This week I decided to Style Doc. Martens and I figured I would do it more than once because I think people are like "They're cute but what on earth would I wear them with?" and I started off with a patent black pair of classic DM's because they're the one's I have!
  I also really think that this outfit is really cute to wear in Autumn for school if you live in America or somewhere relatively warm and if you don't have to wear a uniform!
 So firstly, I added the Doc's and as I said: I choose this patent black pair because they're simple and I own a pair the exact same as these. I feel like if you want a pair but want to be a bit safe, then you would probably go for black or white ones because at least for the amount they cost, you know they'll go with some of your wardrobe (Unless you buy cheaper knock-offs haha)
Then I added the skirt and firstly, you probably know from my previous "How to Style" posts that I love this style of skirt. I love it because it's high waisted and then it come out so it's super flattering on everyone and I also love anything high waisted! I think the pink is kind of bold but that's just what I would wear, if you don't like to stand out as much, then I would probably go for a white skirt or maybe a dark red.
After that I couldn't really decide what top to pair it with and I saw this jumper and I thought that it looked really cute and kind of preppy and it would keep you warm in the Autumn weather! If you wanted to wear something lighter I would go for a plain tank top (probably white) and then to keep you warm if needs be, then go for a preppy cardigan/jumper from Forever21.
Because I wanted it to be a back to school look, I went with black socks with white stripes, like the jumper. Of course I wouldn't have ones that say "Bad ass" on them for school but I couldn't find a plain pair so I just went ahead and added these. Now they are knee-high socks but I think that a short pair of white socks would be pretty too.
Keeping with the black and white in the outfit, I just added a simple black and white polka dot schoolbag.
And like I always do, I added an iPhone case! This one is just a pink Penny board cover. I also like that there's the Penny board texture on it and it's pink so it matches with skirt.
For accessories I just added some black nerd glasses.. I think I've been watching too many MacBarbie07 video's because almost all of these posts remind me of Bethany! lol 
Again, I didn't add much jewelery, just a simple white braided bracelet with the gold anchor because it's cute and then the mixed metal rings. 
I really stuck to the back to school theme with make up! I personally love Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" foundation and it's a really good foundation for school, I wear it in school and it gives coverage but it doesn't look cakey. Next I added a Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm, they're only out over here and I haven't gotten one yet but everybody has raved about them and they're supposed to be really nice nourishing lip tints which is perfect for school! Then I added mascara because I usually add mascara and I choose this one because I bought it about a week ago and I really like it so far. It's a Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara, I picked up the waterproof one because my eyes can be very sensitive and it's usually windy here so my eyes water and I just think that every mascara should be waterproof for various reasons!

As I've said I will Style DM's in next week's post!
As always, thanks for spending time reading this and don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'!
 
xox





No comments:

Post a Comment