Saturday 7 September 2013

How to Style ○ Doc Martens (Autumnal)

Hello Spudlings! 

It's Wednesday so you know what that means! 
I said I would make a second "How to Style Doc Martens" post and finally, here it is!
(Image from my Polyvore: ilikespuds.polyvore.com)

Obviously, I added the white Doc. Marten boots first. I choose white because I think the white ones, again, are very wearable and would go with a lot of stuff that you might own. I also think that white is a really "in" colour this year and it just looks so clean and nice.
Then I added the navy & white polka dot jeans. I think they're super cute and I really like how the ends of them are slightly turned up.
I went for a big contrast with the striped black and white top. I personally wouldn't wear it cropped like this, so I would go for a normal/oversized t-shirt in the same style. I think the spots and stripes go well together but a lot of people don't feel the same, in which case a plain white boyfriend Tee would be really nice.
Since this is an autumnal outfit and I live in Ireland, I would add a cardigan or jacket but this outfit would be perfect for most places in America or somewhere that's generally warm. 
 For accessories I started with the plain white bag, patent to match the boots and it just ties in with the outfit. I really like the style of the bag and I am one for shoulder straps so I think this one is really nice. 
I then added a bit more colour with the beanie, which are, of course, a must-have for Autumn/Fall.
As always, I added an iPhone case and I really like this one, of course it's the quote that everybody has been loving this year and it's really cute. The colours of the case go well with the outfit, the colour isn't black which is a nice way to make it seem softer.

The glasses are optional since it isn't Summer anymore but as I've said, if you're somewhere where the weather is warmer, they would look great.
I really like this set of earrings, they're really simple but cute (do I say cute too much? haha) and I would probably go for the yin-yang one's but it depends on what you would prefer!
Keeping jewelery simple, I went with a set of rings that I'm pretty sure I've used before, but they're such a nice addition to any outfit, this one included. 
For makeup I added Rhianna for MAC's Ririwoo lipstick. It's a similar colour to the hat and  I think that adding a few statement pieces, especially lips, makes an otherwise simple outfit, more dressed up and put-together looking.
Keeping with the red, I added an amazing Butter London nail polish in the colour "Come to Bed Red".
 With the statement lipstick, I would keep the eye makeup super natural and simple so I added a very natural eyeshadow palette to finish.


As always, thanks for spending time reading this and don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'!
 
xox
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment