Sunday 8 September 2013

Review: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara

Hello Spudlings!

In my August favourites post, I said that I would review all of the products that I mentioned. 
So I bought the waterproof version of this mascara because I think it's better to have than a non-waterproof mascara. My eyes tend to water a lot and become irritated quite easily so any eye makeup I can find that's waterproof is instantly a must have! 
I picked this up in boots for €9.99 and you can buy them online here.

 (Top: My eyelashes, Bottom: One coat of Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Waterproof)

As you can see, the mascara does make a difference. It's a bit of a hit and miss for me, because it's an alright mascara and I'm going to continue using it until it's gone but it can look quite spidery and the lashes tend to stick together, even though on the back of the bottle it says that there should be no clumping. I do agree with the fact that it does give some amazing volume to my lashes and I'll give them that but it's too fake looking. Also since It's September now, I'm officially back in school (6th year) and even if I'm not wearing makeup to school, I will always apply some mascara and throughout the day I find that, sometimes, if I apply this to my bottom lashes, I'm left with black smudges under my eye. One of my biggest pet peeves is when eye makeup, especially mascara and eyeliner, move down my face. It makes you look like you don't know how to apply makeup properly, like you're tired/have bags under your eyes and it makes you feel conscious that everybody will notice.
After all that, I will NOT be buying this mascara again, however I will continue to buy Maybelline Mascaras because they're supposed to be some of the best, especially for drugstore/pharmacy brands.


As always, thanks for spending time reading this and don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment