Wednesday 18 September 2013

How To Style ○ Platform Boots




Hello Spudlings! 

(Image from my Polyvore; here)
 
It is Officially Autumn! I am so excited, Autumn is by far my Favourite Season! (Closely followed by Winter haha) 
 
 I think that Platform boots are really cute, especially for Autumn/Winter, but it all depends on the style (for me anyway!). I really like how these ones are really simple but add some edge to an otherwise ordinary outfit! They are supposed to be a really comfortable shoe to wear and since these particular ones are black, they would go with most clothes. 
I saw these Jeans and knew I had to add them. Firstly; I really like the colour of them, they are "blue jeans" but quite muted and I really like the animal print pattern on them as it adds some definition. Secondly; I love the style of turned up jeans, I think it's really cute and I think it's nice to show some ankle haha
Next is the striped b/w top. I really think that stripes are a big thing this season (Monochrome being a big trend this year) and I personally have been kind of liking it a lot! Again, it adds a bit of depth to the outfit and I also really like the cut of a boyfriend tee!
Because the weather here is getting colder, you're obviously going to want to be warm, so I added this really pretty Ox-Blood, long cardigan. I LOVE the colour of this and I really like the shape of the cardigan, how it's a bit longer and it seems to be quite thick which I think is always great.
I then went ahead and added a beanie (Anybody spot a pattern? haha) because beanies are essential this time of year! 
Instead of adding a schoolbag, like I was going to do, I added this cute purse that says "Hands Off". I think it's a really smart concept since nobody wants other people to go through their bag/purse and it goes well with the outfit.
In the theme of keeping warm, I added a beige snood. I definitely need to pick myself up a snood this year because they are so big and cosy looking! I picked a beige one to keep the look from being too dark or pale and dull.
I just realised that I added two pairs of earrings but I think that both go well with the outfit. For the Gold, triangle earrings with chevrons on them, I would add some gold jewelery to make the outfit look warmer in colour. Maybe a chunky chain necklace. The Smiley earrings, I really like and I wouldn't opt for too much more jewelery than the earrings, maybe some braided bracelets and I would leave it at that. 
As per, I added an iPhone case and I added this because the colours go well with the outfit and I think it's an adorable and funny little case to have.
As for makeup, I think that a slightly darker, natural look would be perfect with this outfit, I would probably try fit in the army green and a medium to dark brown shade of eyeshadow over the lid.
I just added a Rimmel London Mascara (Scandaleyes Retro Glam to be specific!).
Last but not least, I added a simple, black Butter London nail polish to tie it all together!
 
 
As always, thanks for spending time reading this and don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'!
 
xox
 


4 comments:

  1. That cardigan looks so cozy!! xx

    http://liveyourhipsterlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I chose it! haha That and it's pretty! lol x

      Delete