Sunday 6 October 2013

September Favourites!

Hello Spudlings! 

September is officially over and we're getting closer to Halloween every day! Also, one whole month of school is over so we all have 2 good reasons to be happy and celebrate! 

 (Ohher fancily edited photo)

Makeup & Beauty

I have extremely chapped lips and I've tried all sorts of things to try to make it not look like the Himalayas on my lips! I recently discovered this lip tint my Rimmel London (I know, kind of a Rimmel obsession, I'm not even sorry!). It's called Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses and the colour is 600 Carry on Cherry. I really like the colour of it, I sometimes think that red lipstick is too much, especially on me, it doesn't particularly suit me so this is a really subtle way of wearing red on your lips (Can it even be subtle? haha) I also really like that there is a clear lip balm/moisturiser at the bottom so your lips don't look dry and you can't really tell that they're not as soft as you would like. It's a very berry red shade which is perfect for the time of year right now, I love it! I have been wearing it with a very sheer layer of my Bourjois pink lipstick in 11 Fraise Remix, which is a kind of dark, magenta pink, this is just to make it slightly more pinky and moisturised.

Something that I struggle with, being a teenager, is that I have combination skin plus pimples, so for me I need a foundation with good coverage, that won't dry my skin but won't be too shiny. I think I have found that foundation; it's the new Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. It is literally so amazing, it has a really nice texture and consistency that's not quite as thick as a jar of mousse foundation and it's not as runny as a liquid foundation. It is really amazing at combating grease, although my skin gets extremely greasy through the day so I do get a tiny bit of grease but I just need to brush a small bit of powder over my T-zone and it's perfectly fine. I have the shade 100 Ivory, which I think is the second lightest shade, but I may have to buy the lighter shade to see if it matches my skin better because my skin has reverted back to pale because of the lack of warm weather! I've never been extremely pale though so I may have to mix the two shades together. 

I don't often buy eyeshadows because on a daily basis I just stick to brown and cream coloured eyeshadows but since it's now autumn and darker colours are in, I went to a Pharmacy in my town and picked up an essence eyeshadow quad that I've been wondering about for a while. It's called 12 Purple Day and it doesn't specify any colours on it. There's two matte shades, dark purple and purple-pink colour and there's two shimmery shades, a creamy kind of gold and a shimmery taupe brown that is kind of metallic. Lately I have been applying just the brown over my whole lids and blending it out, and when you look in the mirror, you notice the gold shimmer in the middle of your lids (where the light hits) which I think is absolutely stunning! If you follow me on instagram (@ilikespuds1) you have probably seen me use all 4 eyeshadows together and I absolutely love how the purple's make my eyes pop, because I have bright blue eyes and purple compliments blue and sometimes green eyes! I used the darker purple on the outer corner of my lids, the lighter pinky-purple on the inside of my lids, I then used the brown in my crease and to blend it out and I used the lightest shade as an inner corner highlight and a brow highlight. 

The last beauty product I've really been loving for September was actually mentioned in my last Favourites post (here) and it's the Batiste Dry shampoo in Tropical. Since school has started back, it's obviously taken up a lot of time and I don't like washing my hair too often as it can actually be damaging to your hair, so dry shampoo has been a savior! I often find myself sitting in class wondering "what's that lovely smell" as I forget about how nice the scent is. I;m sure everybody knows how a dry shampoo works, but I do need to stress that you need to hold it quite a distance away from your hair and then run your fingers through it so you don't look like you're going grey! 

Random

My first random favourite, is something I've literally been OBSESSED with all month! I recently tried Reece's Peanut Butter Cups for the first time and I fell in love! I don't usually like peanut butter but these are so amazing and I can sense an unhealthy obsession beginning! 
I've been liking this next favourite for a couple months now but recently I've been into it a lot. This favourite is a singer off Youtube called Charity Vance. Charity is absolutely stunning and has the voice to match! If you haven't heard of her yet, I highly recommend you go and check her out, her songs are extremely cute and feel good and I just really love listening to her songs all the time!

That's all my favourites from the month of September,hope you enjoyed!
Did you try any of the procudts I've mentioned? What do you think of them? Did this make you want to go out and buy something? Let me know! x


As always, thanks for spending time reading this and don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'!
xox


1 comment:

  1. I love reeces peanut butter cups - I bought the pumpkin one yesterday, it is just like the normal ones just pumpkin shaped - heaven! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete